Friday, December 27, 2013

Return of the Mac..er...Raq!

Once again I have completely neglected my blog.

Another year has gone by before I even gave it a thought, with many a social, family or work event to count down the days. Perhaps it's time to give a brief recap of the highlights and lowlights of the past twelve months.

1. The Boyfriend and I are engaged. Technically he is now The Fiancé, soon to be The Hubby as of March 8, 2014.


2. We got a furbaby! He is a little black cocker spaniel puppy called Wilson (same weekend as the engagement). He is not so little anymore.







3. I won a facebook competition at the beginning of the year to meet one of my favourite authors, Rachel Vincent. She was in Australia for the first time promoting the release of the final book in her YA series, With All My Soul. I was invited to attend the inaugural Harlequin Summit along with a number of other bloggers who had travelled from all across Australia. Managed to find one girl from my city too, who happens to blog at: http://www.speconspecfic.com/
Anyway, drove that morning to Sydney, went to the summit and got a bag of goodies (ARC's of books). Also had some books signed by Rachel Vincent, photo op and an invitation for coffee after the summit was done. As far as I know it wasn't part of the competition and there was no way I would let an opportunity like this pass me by. We found a Gloria Jeans open nearby (as everything else was shut) and hung out for an hour and a half. It was amazing experience and I doubt I would be able to win anything as cool as that again. Later on, I discovered on her blog that her favourite photo was of the two of us together and that she loved the little souvenirs I had bought up with me. Check it out here: http://www.rachelvincent.com/blog/2013/03/04/australia-part-1-sydney/


4. Wedding planning. Many hours have been dedicated to preparing the spectacle that is to be our wedding. I am just the teeny tiniest bit stressed, there are a million things to do and it feels as though they will never be done. Just over two months to go now.

5. Went out for a lovely Mother's Day dinner with my family and some relatives, to a brand new Brazilian restaurant that had opened only two days before. We came away from that encounter with salmonella poisoning. A week was spent in agony, as The Fiance and I tragically attempted to look after one another at home while the rest of my family chilled at the hospital with another 100 people who all decided to be sick with same illness at the same time. Turns out it was the largest outbreak of salmonella poisoning in my city ever recorded. A total of 150 people were infected. On the bright side I lost 5kgs in a week.

6. My sister Miss Drama is mother to the most loved and doted upon little girl and now is expecting baby number two. This time they are looking to find out the sex in order to prepare for the little tacker's arrival late May / early June.

7. The Fiancé and I bought a vinyl player. We are hip and retro now, except for the fact we have the tiniest collection of records. No matter. We are still cool.

I can't really think of any other major or significant event of this past year. If there was anything else I guess it must not have been important enough to warrant my immediate attention while writing this.

Here's hoping that it doesn't take me another year to write the next blog post.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment