Saturday, October 27, 2012

Could it be? Matchbox Twenty!

It's been a while since I last went to a concert, but last Thursday night my friend convinced me to go with her to see Matchbox Twenty. I am so glad that I did. Unfortunately for me I left my camera at home and had to make do with my phone camera. Most of the pictures did not turn out well.



When my friend and I eventually rocked up, the line for entry stretched several hundred metres long! Fortuntely, once it started moving, it moved quickly. Not quick enough to avoid the polluted air of the smokers waiting directly in front of us.

 
Due to the delay of entering and the process of finding our seats, we missed most of Evermore's set. Apparently they have a new album out, we only managed to catch the last two songs of there gig, but I haven't listened to their music in a while and I don't believe I have any of their cd's.
 
 
 
During the interval my friend decided to get some food for us while I stayed back in our seats. Five minutes past. Ten. Fifteen. As it started crawling up to the twenty minute mark I finally received a message from her saying that she's getting closer to the front and could use some help carrying the food and drinks back to our seats. I climbed up the steep staircase, paying careful attention as to not trip up the stairs, and walked around to the food stall. My friend wasn't there. Confused I turned around and continues in the other direction for a while until I came across the line for alcoholic beverages. Guess who I found waiting in the wrong line? By the time we switched to the correct queue, INXS had finished setting up and were beginning their set.
 
 
Man they were good! They played all my favourite songs, plus some from their most recent album which I don't actually know. It was good to have the ones I didn't know, as it gave me time to rest my voice. Don't know how much good it did me in the end as it almost left me completely as their set finished.
 
The curtains were pulled shut as the stage crew prepared for Matchbox Twenty's performance. The crowd were slowly becoming more restless as the minutes stretched out. Next thing we knew a film was being shown on the curtains, welcoming the audience and introducing the main act. Together my friend and I sang our way through the show, probably to the disappointment to the people beside us. She captured some video footage and during the playback (in the car on the way home) we could hear someone, not sure who, singing loudly and proudly, yet extremely off key. I really hope that wasn't me!
  
 
  
 
All in all it was a great night and I am glad I finally got off my backside to have some fun.
 
Over and out! X


No comments:

Post a Comment