Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ahh Love! And Music?

Earlier this week, Tuesday 26th to be exact, The Boyfriend and I celebrated our five year anniversary. Five years!! We actually celebrated a week earlier as The Boyfriend is away on placement for uni. It was a fun night, went out for a wonderful dinner, choosing a somewhat pricier restaurant from we would normally go to. Haha we managed to have the full course: Entree, Main and of course Dessert. Five years til the next one!

I have reverted back to my 90's roots and started listening to a new boy band I've recently discovered. They actually emerged last year in Britain, but I have only been listening to music they've released for the second, yet to be titled, album. It's more to my taste, being able to sing and dance to the dance beats they have pumping behind them.

They appear to have become my new obsession. For instances, I already know who's who in the band: Tom, Max, Siva, Jay and young Nathan. But it's not as though I think they're good-looking or anything, I just like the tones of their voices as they sing.

Here is their most recent release, Glad You Came:



In other music news, two bands I never thought would have anything to do with each other are now on the same album. Ok Go and Andrew Bird are both doing covers of muppet songs for 'The Green Album'. I think there may be a new muppet movie coming out or something, may have to investigate that. But I've heard Andrew Bird's version of "Bein' Green", a song which Kermit sings.

Apart from releasing a new track, Ok Go have also presented their latest music video for the song 'All is Not Lost'. Once again a very clever collaboration. If you haven't, go each ALL of their music videos, as they all fantastic.

Now I must get back to my design history journal.

Over and out! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment