Thursday, July 7, 2011

Writing is my Weakness

I find it somewhat ironic that I write this blog post about struggling to write an essay. Guess that this is more 'expessing my thoughts' than having to regurgitate information into my own words.

Back in high school and college, essays were definitely my weak point. I hated having to write, I didn't know how to express things with the written word. Guess that's why I excelled in music and sport.

For uni, this is the second essay I've had to write (well one down, one to *still* do) and surprisingly enough I did quite well with the first one. I did manage to receive a lot of help from The Boyfriends mum, and it was written in a week. She told me she wouldn't help me if I left things that late, yet unfortunately it appears to be heading in that direction again. What can I say, I'm still afraid of writing.

Part of my problem is that I am an avid reader, and will spend hours upon hours reseaching my topic inside and out and refuse to write anything down. Ask me verbally and I can give you a host of information but once I sit down in front of the computer my mind draws a blank. I am getting help for this, for being able to sit down and go 'Right. I need to include this, this and that because of all the information I've read about it.'

I better get back to it, for it won't be writing itself.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment