Friday, February 25, 2011

How my day went from Awkward to Upsetting

Tuesday sucked.


First I was a uni that day, and well I don't really know anyone in my studio class except two girls who I briefly studied with previously. So I spent the 5 hour class sitting at a table on my own listening to my ipod while constructing models for my project. For lunch I went out to some grassy area and ate by myself. I'm such a loner. But I get too nervous and shy with people I don't know.


Later that afternoon I went to see the Skills Assistant people to help me organise myself for the year (to help manage actually doing assignments. I have trouble with some areas).


Eventually evening came along and I went of to training. While I was there I received a call from my sister Miss Attitude. I hadn't actually spoken to her in a few days as she wasn't returning my phone calls. Now it was one of the dreaded calls, as when I answered she was crying. She told me that one of my great aunts had died but she wasn't sure which one it was.


I did as anyone would do; I grabbed my stuff, headed to my car and drove straight home to get some answers. There I confirmed with Baby Sis as to which great aunt it was.


At any rate it was a sudden and quick occurrence from an immediate observation (not that I was there, but my parents were and I heard their account of what they saw) but they were going to take her off for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.


As I said it was something sudden. I was told that she was at work earlier that day, cleaning houses, and spoke to one of her sisters on the phone in the afternoon. It wasn't until the evening when her son and one of her grandsons came to see her that they found her.


At the moment I still don't know much of what's happened. But hopefully soon the story will piece itself together and we can have some closure. Not looking forward to the funeral though.


RIP Tia Charo


UPDATE: This was posted a bit late, so the day I'm referring to is Tuesday 15th February

No comments:

Post a Comment