Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Show Results

Yesterday I went to the Bungendore Show along with The Boyfriend and his parents. To tell you the truth, I think we were all eager to see how each of us fared with judging. After entering, The Boyfriend and I parted with his parents as they went off to find out about milking cows. We decided that the moment had come to see our fate. We browsed through the art and crafts which we on the opposite side of the pavilion, building the suspense up. Not being able to hold off any longer, we rushed about to where the cakes were located. And this is what I found with my cake:






I was so excited! I actually got a place! After a glance I saw that there were five cakes entered in the same category. I may not have won, but I did beat two others. And for me, that counts as a win. I did get a certificate for it after all.


The Boyfriend had entered in some bread - two different categories - and got a first and second. He managed to beat his father, which I think is pretty cool as he's a good cook. But then again so is The Boyfriend.


After hanging around that pavilion for a while, showing off our wins to family, we went around to the dog show which is quite the highlight. There's so many different kinds of dogs there. This year, my favourite was the French Shepard. Goodness it was adorable!


Other than bumping into an old high school friend, not too much else happened.


I am still quite excited about my third place. Perhaps this experience will make me want to cook more often...only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment