Monday, March 14, 2011

Temporary Hermit-ing

It's been 3 days since I last left the house.

I've been stuck inside working on my Uni project (due tomorrow) which consists of creating four A4 sized models. It's currently Monday, 2:30pm and I have three of them completed. Unfortunately I still need to refine the idea for the fourth and last model. It could take a little while but I only have today to be able to finish it. But my best work so far has come in after 4pm so hopefully inspiration will strike and I can get them all done and still get a decent nights sleep.

Because I have retreated into my shell to get this completed, I've missed out on a lot of fun things this weekend. For instance, on Saturday I missed out on going to the rodeo with my parents and to INXS later that evening. Sunday I missed out on putt-putting with my friends, and going to the Raiders vs Sharks match. And today I missed going to see a movie with my parents and Miss Drama and Baby Sis, as well as the FREE concert celebrating my cities birth. I would really love to see The Potbelleez, but as luck has it, I cannot.

All that's at home for the moment are the two dogs and my brother Mr Delicate. It's quite boring. Hence why I decided to do a post.

One thing cheered me up today though. I checked my emails and discovered that my friend Little Miss Wise had sent me a message through my old Myspace account. Wow I haven't used that in years. As had she, as she mentioned in the message. Scrolling through some of the others that had been sent to me I came across one I received for my 18th birthday:


One of my favourite bands is Jamiroquai, and Derrick is their drummer. This is easily one of the best things I received that birthday.

I better be getting back to the model making, and listening to Andrew Bird's The Mysterious Production of Eggs album. It truly is something magical, and has a soothing and calming effect on me.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment