Friday, January 7, 2011

New Years and Other Happenings

New Years has come and gone, yet I haven't had a chance to update this blog. Mostly because I have been busy and have also been away.


New Years Eve was fun! I went to my friend's place. Turns out they had hired some lasers and a smoke machine. They'd also set up a plasma which projected via the DJ section they'd set up. They'd also bought an inflatable pool.


Though I had a lot of fun, I still felt incredibly guilty from dragging The Boyfriend from other mutual friends. He stayed quiet for most of the night. I was constantly asking him if he were alright, which in the end turned out to be bugging him more that I was "harassing" him so much.


I did end up making my New Years Resolution. It's to ask for help when I need it, not be stubborn about it. And to make sure that I take care of my health. I have a bad habit of not eating when I'm stressed or extremely upset. I'm hoping I can stop this pattern as it's not a healthy way to be living.


Before we went to the party however, we went to visit my grandmother who literally lived across a bit from my friend's place. She was spending NYE on her own. I felt bad for her, yet happy that we had made the effort to visit (even if it were unannounced). Though while I was sitting there I couldn't help but think of my grandfather. Even now, I still get angry thinking about him. I might have a rant about him in another post. This is supposed to be happy.


On New Years Day, I didn't do very much. Everyone slept in, (except for The Boyfriend who went out for a bike ride - too much motivation) then The Boyfriend and I went out to his aunt's place so he could fix his cousins bike. Had a good chat to them, told them what we were up to (going on holiday). Afterwards we went to the city to get some breakfast but unfortunately didn't realise all the cafes were closed. Ended up getting something from the food court. Oh well, I was starving by that stage.


Eventually we made our way to his home, and stayed the night there. The following day we started out for our holiday. Might write that up as a separate post though.


Anyways that was Sunday we left, and it is now Friday. Tomorrow I am heading to the South Coast for one night and one night only. I have to go back to work Monday *sigh*. So now I just have to wait for my washing to dry, so that I have some clean underwear to take with me (woo!) and pack my bag tomorrow morning before my friend comes to pick me up.


Would also like to mention, had a wonderful sit down dinner with Miss Attitude, The Gazman and Mr Delicate (please welcome my brother to the stage). We talked about what each person had done for the week and other family things. It was really nice and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love it when my family gets along well. Later on The Boyfriend came round in his new car, and took me for a spin round the city. Its a wonderful little car.


And now I'm ready for bed. Pretty exhausted from a swimming and travelling. And have just been informed that "You must be writing a long blog, as you've been typing for the last half hour" from The Boyfriend.


For now, Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment