Friday, December 31, 2010

Holidays

It's been about a week since I first started on holidays and I feel as though I've done nothing yet achieved a lot in that time. I guess the nothingness comes from having to fill in my entire day with something, as opposed to going  to work for 9 hours (don't worry, I get an hour break in that time) then finishing my evening with soccer training, or catching up with friends etc.


As for these holidays, so far I have celebrated Christmas, gone down to the coast for a few days, played too many games of table tennis, gone to the pool a few times and read multiple books. Oh, as well as catching up with friends and hanging out on the lounge watching movies/tv shows.


The pool had been fun. The Boyfriend and I went down to my local pool which has the only waterslides in my city. Mind you it's barely anything, yet we had lots of fun.


On Tuesday, I met up with Miss Attitude and The Gazman (who had already been there for a few hours) and together we went up and down the slides, having a ball. Later on, after having bestowed a few injuries and incidents of water going up noses, we decided to hang out in the main pool.Which, turned out to be that The Boyfriend and The Gazman lined up to have a go of the wipeout style inflatable obstacle course. I couldn't help but have a laugh when The Boyfriend got stuck on one of the obstacles. He managed to beat it and continued on through to the end. We had some hot chips (cos that's what you do at the pool) and afterwards Miss Attitude and The Gazman left to go home. The Boyfriend and I decided to stay a while longer and rode down the slides a few more times. Later on we called it quits and headed home.


Though on our way out, three police cars arrived to talk to a young man who had been sitting beside our camping spot. Earlier on, The Boyfriend and I had witnessed one of the pool authorities tell this young man to leave. But our eavesdropping skills weren't up to scratch so we didn't end up hearing much. But as we were driving off, a last glimpse of the pool showed that it was indeed the same guy as before. And I wonder, what did he actually do?


Yesterday we went back to the same pool, along with Baby Sis. Truth be told, I didn't want to go but the other two did, so I went to. Ok yes, most likely I was being unreasonable. But it was only The Boyfriend who witnesses this. He's done well to read my moods. In the end, it was mostly uneventful.


Though earlier in the day I did learn this, water sliding is a popular yet serious sport in Germany. The reigning speed-chuting champion is a guy called Jens Scherer. If you're interested in learning a bit more, read this article.


I am yet to finish filling up my day today. Though it may be spent reading and blogging, until later tonight when The Boyfriend and I go to a friends place to celebrate New Years Eve. I'm excited to be going (though feeling a little guilty too, as I strongly wanted to attend this party opposed to another we were invited to). At any rate, another mutual friend should be attending so he'll know someone else there.


I hope everyone has a fun night! I know I will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment