Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I have discovered the Magic of Coffee...

...Again. And it helps me get through the day.


Once again I have entered a somewhat stressful period with work. Last time it became this crazy, I was working long hours (even over a long weekend period). The following weekend I ended up being extremely sick and had to stay home from work. But that was after my work was issued out.


At the moment I am feeling the same sort of pressure (and it's the same project) although the difference here is that I have the next two days off. Yay for a long weekend for myself! The funny thing about this is that the long weekend I missed out on, well these two days off are my equivalent for it.


Today's post contains the following topics:


  • Being the middle person
    Saturday InDesign
    Harry Potter
So firstly, what I mean about "Being the Middle Person" is that sometimes I help out a friend by hooking them up with someone else I know. And not actually to hook up. Like my friend who I've been helping out with her wedding. I helped her to find a hairdresser (my mum), and she was needing someone to give her a lift to pick up her wedding invites as she doesn't drive. So I told her to get in contact with my boyfriend.
Now I have no issues with helping her out, but at the moment she keeps asking me to be the go between despite having both the phone numbers of my mums work and my boyfriends mobile. I thought that by now she would be able to go straight the person to ask them directly whether they were available or not, rather than asking me to find out for her.
Maybe I'm just being unfair and such, but at the moment it irks me. I do enough for everyone. And when I need things organised, I do it myself. Though I guess I forget that others don't think the same way as myself. That's why I haven't said anything to her. Well not this time anyway.
Now onto something a bit more interesting.
Saturday Indesign. What is it you ask? Well here's a brief overview:
"Saturday InDesign is an annual trade event for the design community, which began in Sydney in 2003, and now alternates each year between Sydney and Melbourne.
It involves Australia's premier designer furniture, finishes, fixtures and lighting showrooms opening their doors on a Saturday to allow architects, designers, students and design-savvy members of the public to enjoy the products they specify, in a showroom environment.
Saturday InDesign has traditionally been an opportunity for local and international products from hundreds of reputable brands to be launched to thousands of members os the design community in 1 day."
There's more information if you'd like it, which can be found here.
The whole point of mentioning this is that I was looking at a furniture company's website, and in the events page I found an image of myself taken at Saturday Indesign this past year (Melbourne). I was not aware the photo was being taken, but couldn't help but laughing when I saw it.
Ok can you see the girl lurking in the background with the fringe staring out into the distance? Yeah that's me. I love randomly finding photos of myself.
Last night I went and saw Harry Potter again at the movies. I had gone on the opening day with Baby Sis, but last night went with The Boyfriend. He'd been in Portland doing a placement when it first came out, and was only available to watch for three days. Fun huh? So I took pity on him and took him out.
It's still just as good the second time round. Actually I don't want to go on at the moment, as there's many things I could discuss about Harry Potter but I'm running out of time. I shall have to do another post specifically for him.
But for now, I must go to work and slog the day through. Not sure when the next post will be, as I shall be heading to Sydney tomorrow! So excited!
Have a good one! I know I will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment