Monday, December 6, 2010

All for a Better Day

Yesterday I got demolished at work.



It felt like I was thrashing about in the deep end of the pool, the work I had been given was a bit over my head. Though I did learn from it. And you do learn something new every day. By the time this joinery unit (kinda like a cabinet, it needs to be built) is finished I will be the champ at that type of detailing.


I do wish I could specify what it is I am doing, but unfortunately it's goverment work which cannot be disclosed.


Also last night I had soccer. Somewhat of a disaster as well.

My work entered into a friendly mixed social competition and it's been a joy so far playing. We have fun. Mind you, I have only played three games in the past seven as I injured my lower back playing other sports. Ok it's a bit embarrassing, but I first injured it playing dodgeball *hangs head in shame*. There's so much twisting involved! It gets intense!

Back on track now. The point of it is that we drew, when we really should have won. We had so many shots on goal yet missed the mark on every one of them. *Sigh*. There's always a next time. Hmm that does appear to be my motto of sorts.

Well it's a brand new day today and I'm hoping it shall go better than yesterday. Work is pretty busy at the moment, but that's how it is once it starts getting to christmas. Everyone wants their project completed before the shut down period. Yet there's only so much that people can do. At the moment I'm working overtime, starting early and finishing late yet it's not appreciated enough. But I just would like to get the work done, and if it means overtime well then hey, I'm already doing it.

Something I am looking forward to today is the release of the last book in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Ok ok, I know it's a little lame but I do enjoy reading a lot of paranormal YA fiction. Got hooked on it last year and now, I'm in need of more bookcases lol. Here's a little information from Richelle's website regarding the series:

"Two races of vampires walk our world. The Moroi are alive and wield elemental magic, while the Strigoi are undead and evil -- feeding on the innocent to survive. Rose Hathaway -- a half-vampire with poor impulse control -- is training to be a bodyguard for a Moroi princess. Learning to decapitate and stake is hard enough, but Rose's real danger may lie with an illicit romance with one of her instructors..."

Lot's of events happened in the fifth book, and now it's time for the closure. It'll be exciting to see how this ends. Can't wait for lunchtime to arrive so I can go out and purchase 'Last Sacrifice' finally.

Right I better be signing off, as I have a big day ahead of me and it's already started.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment